Issue Tracker = Feature Requests

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2007 at 12:42 PM
Not a lot of detail is public on the knowledgebase (other than the screenshots) and the release hasn't gone public yet but I do encourage everyone to use the Issue Tracker system on CodePlex for feature requests. It's an excellent way for me to know what's important to you. Once new features (and bugs) are entered, everyone (including me) has the opportunity to vote on an item. Items with the most votes are looked at first and schedule for implementation. So just keep this in mind for the KB and what you might want it to shape into. The future is yours.
Oct 21, 2010 at 2:19 AM

Any chance of an SP2010 version?

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:25 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Will this knowledgebase let users include a screenshot image in the answers to the knowledgebase questions?

And while I'm here, I might as well ask, is this going to be released as a full version anytime soon?

Paul

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I have the Sharepoint Knowledge Base Template installed but it doesn't offer many of the great features this example shows (voting, ability to post comments or organize content in categories).   Is what you show something custom or can this be found in the actual Knowledge Base template and I'm looking in the wrong places?